The NCASA Scholastic Cup is awarded by the North Carolina Association for Scholastic Activities (NCASA) to the high school that earns the most Scholastic Cup points through participation and excellence in scholastic competitions throughout the school year.
The NCSSM Challenge Cup is presented to the middle school that earns the most points through participation and excellence in middle school competitions.
The Unity School Cup is presented to the independent or charter 6-12 school that earns the most points through participation and excellence in all competitions.
The School District Cup is presented to the school district whose schools earn the most points through participation and excellence in all competitions. To level the playing field, we present Cups to the best small, medium, and large school districts in NC.
These Cups will be awarded to the schools and districts with the best overall performance from all NCASA and Partner Competitions. Cup Points will be awarded to NCASA Member Schools as described below.
- Participation Points: Each Member School that enters a team in an NCASA or Partner Competition will earn five Scholastic Cup Points.
- Top Ten Points: Scholastic Cup Points for finishing in first through tenth place at the state level of each NCASA and Partner Competition will be awarded as follows (in addition to Participation Points):
- 1st place: 50 points
- 2nd place: 45 points
- 3rd place: 40 points
- 4th place: 35 points
- 5th place: 30 points
- 6th place: 25 points
- 7th place: 20 points
- 8th place: 15 points
- 9th place: 10 points
- 10th place: 5 points
- Eligibility: Only NCASA Member Schools are eligible to earn Scholastic Cup Points. Non-member schools will be excluded in the awarding of Scholastic Cup Points
- Multiple Entries: If a school is allowed to enter more than one team in a Competition, only the top-scoring team from that school will be considered when awarding Scholastic Cup Points.
- Tie-Breakers: In the event of a tie, each school with an equal score will receive an equal number of Scholastic Cup Points. The number of Points awarded will depend on the number of teams that finish higher in the standings.
If you would like more information about the Cups, or if you are interested in becoming an NCASA Partner or a sponsor of the Scholastic Cup, please contact:
Phone: (919) 771 - 9272